Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Figurative Language


Now, unless you are really good in language, how many of us really know what Alliteration, Hyperbole, Simile, Onomatopoeia, Metaphor, or Idiom is?? Well, Quentin had to write a paragraph using these terms. He teacher was really impressed that she wanted him to read it in class. But, being the 'shy boy' he is [yeah right, to those of us who really know him] =-) He did not want to read it. So, the teacher read some of it out loud. Also, our neighbor/friend who by the way is a English teacher at a high school, said it was great. Since it's a Halloween story, I decided to share it w/you. Please let me know what you think of it.

No one was home there. I walked in, OOOOOOOOOOOOO! I looked around. The ground creaked. The house was deserted like Antartica. So, I went upstairs. The steps were steep so I went slow and steady. [teacher put a smile face here]
When I got up stairs, I thought I saw something move. I went into the room. The room was the dark sky. I saw a blanket move. But, it was just floating there. I started shaking like I was popcorn. I screamed all the way homeWhen I got home my legs were as stretchy as bubblegum. I didn't get candy but, who cares.

By, Quentin age 9...

1 comment:

kwoodstock said...

Very good Q I love it